Chances are, wherever locals eat, this is also where travelers should be heading – especially when the food is as good as Sedona’s.
Once in Sedona, do as the Sedonians do. Explore the abundant nature, enjoy the comfortable time, admire the vibrant art and soak up the lively and soothing vibrations. The desert city is known for its unprecedented energy, and tourists flock to the hotspot to soak up what they can of the creative wonderland.
Everyone should eat, and in a place like Sedona, there is bound to be food as delicious as the scenery. The culinary creations echo the city’s attachment to its rich and diverse culture. These restaurants are guaranteed to make customers feel like they’re in a secret as they savor every last bite of local flavor.
A great way to get a feel for a place is to visit its most popular dive bar. The Sundowner proudly promotes itself as the only five-star dive bar in Sedona. The friendly locals bring the classic atmosphere to life, serving delicious drinks and bar food classics in style.
- Address: 37 Navajo Dr, West Sedona, AZ 86336, United States
- To try : Breaded chicken sandwich with fried avocado, corkscrew shrimp, hot pastrami on marbled rye
9 Coffee maker
Anyone who thinks breakfast is the most important meal of the day should dine at the Coffee Pot Restaurant. The lovely restaurant cooks java with a view of stunning red rock formations from the outdoor patio. Diners will have no shortage of breakfast and lunch options, lovingly cooked by Sedona locals who know a thing or two about flavors.
- Address: 2050 W State Rte 89A, Sedona, AZ 86336
- To try : Any of the 101 omelets on the menu, Huevos Rancheros, Belgian waffles, Mexican tuna fondant
Tamaliza is the place to go for authentic and fresh Mexican food. Owner and Chef Claudia is dedicated to preparing healthy dishes with organic ingredients that leave her guests satisfied and energized, including several herbal options. The restaurant itself is a feast for the eyes, filled with vibrant and playful decor throughout.
- Address: 1155 W State Rte 89A, Sedona, AZ 86336
- To try : Gourmet Tamales Supremos, Burrito Enchilada Style, Handcrafted Vegan Horchata
7 SaltRock Kitchen
Nothing beats a meal with a view, and guests can stay at SaltRock Kitchen for all three meals if they choose! The outdoor patio is beautiful, equipped with spacious tables and comfortable yellow chairs for relaxing. The atmosphere invites diners to relax and enjoy creative southwestern meals prepared by talented chefs.
- Address: 100 Amara Ln # 101, Sedona, AZ 86336
- To try : Pork belly tostada, Gulf of Mexico shrimp, Sun Devil margarita, agave flan
6 American Bistro Creekside
The chef and team at Creekside American Bistro enhance the flavors of traditional American dishes and provide guests with a luxurious dining experience. The restaurant sits along scenic Oak Creek with a view of the Red Rock to feed nature-hungry eyes as well as a delicious meal. Creekside also keeps canine friends in mind with a creative dog menu that is sure to receive two paws.
- Address: 251 AZ-179, Sedona, AZ 86336
- To try : Bruschetta board, Norman brie soup with black truffle, lamb chop lollipops, shrimps and oatmeal, venison stew (for dogs!)
5 Fire tortas
It seems that more and more people are realizing that the most delicious food is often found in unexpected places. Locals love Tortas de Fuego, a Mexican restaurant attached to a body shop. Passionate owners focus on flavor rather than the frills, and diners will taste the intention with every bite.
- Address: 1630 AZ-89A, Sedona, AZ 86336
- To try : Tostada de Ceviche, Nopalitos Tostada Salad, Quesadilla Hawayana, Tripas Tacos
4 The Hudson
Even with its premium menu, The Hudson retains a friendly and unpretentious vibe fueled by its passionate and creative team, whose sole purpose is to amaze diners with an award-winning experience. The menu is constantly changing as talented chefs prepare new, unique and innovative dishes, so be sure to inquire about the specials. And don’t forget to save room for dessert!
- Address: 671 State Route 179, Suite D Sedona, AZ 86336
- What to try: Anyway, chicken pie, barbecue ribs with prickly pears, deconstructed banana cream pie
3 Dellepiane Sedona
Nothing like a perfectly cooked burger, and Dellepiane knows exactly how to satisfy the craving. The humble establishment offers delicious burgers and other dishes, including plant-based dishes galore. There is something for everyone on the menu, and the friendly atmosphere will make diners feel right at home.
- Address: 671, 1 AZ-179 E Suite, Sedona, AZ 86336
- What to try: Dellaplane Burger, Vegan Colombian Fried Chicken, Cubano Sandwich, Brownie Empanada
2 Cafe Elote
With a name like Elote, one thing is certain: the place knows how to dress its corn. The Mexican-southwest fusion spot offers delicious dishes with bold flavors. The restaurant is also located in a particularly scenic area, with views of the colorful red rock formations adding an extra element to savor.
- Address: 350 Jordan Road, Sedona, AZ 86336
- What to try: Elote (of course), Goat Cheese Balls, Buffalo Mole Poblano, Agave Ice Cream
1 Grill Sound Bites
Why not enjoy some entertainment with dinner? Sound Bites Grill is known for hosting live bands, and locals flock to the restaurant to savor the food and sounds. Every Wednesday, Sound Bites hosts a wine tasting to help visitors overcome the bump of the week. The restaurant offers an extensive brunch buffet with live music on Sundays.
- Address: 101 N State Route 89A, Sedona, AZ 86336
- What to try: Red Rock Chops, Voodoo Sausage Pasta, Fresh Veracruz Red Snapper, Beyond Burger Street Tacos
Next: Arizona Road Trip: There is a lot to see between Phoenix and Sedona on this super short trip
You can swim in Krka National Park, and it’s a great alternative to Plitvice Lakes, Croatia
About the Author