The 50-acre Millworx location being developed in Post Falls will feature a 60-unit mixed-use apartment building (with commercial space on the ground floor), a 61-unit townhouse-style neighborhood, a former warehouse to be renovated into a restaurant or brasserie, a duel brand hotel and a Kindred & Co. bookstore and bistro.
Named Millworx because the location was once the home of the Idaho Veneer Mill, the area primarily lies between Fourth Avenue and I-90 and connects to Idaho Street north of the project.
Opening in mid-2023, Kindred & Co. will have two floors with rooftop space. The bistro section will start with a menu of small bites and beverages.
The primary contact for commercial interests is Danny Davis of Coldwell Banker Real Estate. Phone 208-691-6003. Email d[email protected] Visit www.millworxcommunity.com.
Advanced personal protection expands
Offering a wide range of personal protective equipment, Advanced Personal Protection Specialists has a new location in Suite L at 3700 Government Way.
In Hayden, by appointment only for eight years, owners Danny and Sherry Caballero help everyday adventurers, law enforcement and first responders with left-handed firearms, med kits, soft armor and hidden handbags.
Hours are 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Tuesday through Friday and 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday. Phone 208-772-6407. Visit www.idweapons.com.
Toro Viejo & Barracho reopens on Second Street
Closed due to the pandemic, Toro Viejo & Barracho has reopened at 117 N. Second St.
Featuring traditional Mexican food and drink with a variety of seating and interesting decor, owner Ruben Brisemo opened the restaurant 30 years ago.
With a limited menu when hired, hours are 3-8 p.m. Tuesday-Thursday and 3-9 p.m. Friday and Saturday. The Barracho room is open, and the Viejo room will open soon. Phone 208-930-4214. Visit www.toroviejo.com.
Black Sheep Grand Opening Ends Today
The Black Sheep Sporting Goods store celebrated its grand opening at Silver Lake Mall this weekend.
Fun activities included live music, giveaways and special appearances from industry professionals with the Theresa Edwards Band from 1-5pm today.
Now the Tidbits
- CDA Idaho Clothing Co. will expand from its current location at the northeast entrance of the Plaza Shops building to the former Grace & Joy space.
- The planned Thomas George building at the corner of Third Street and Front Avenue, would be 18 stories mixed with commercial space on the first floor and 60 condominiums above.
- Watch for details on new buildings being constructed for the offices of Rogers Burgers on Government Way and Caliber Collision by Metro Car Wash in Post Falls.
- The St. Joseph Ear, Nose, Throat and Allergy Clinic will have a new building at 849 N. Syringa, Post Falls.
- Watch for commercial construction west of Hwy 41 between 16th and Horsehaven in Post Falls.
- EJC Billiards is new at 6235 N. Sunshine St.
- Post Falls RV Campground is under construction at 70 W. Cabelas Way between Cabela’s Store and State Line Walmart at The Pointe at Post Falls.
- Many of the 16 retail lots are available in the future Prairie Crossing Shopping Center at the northeast corner of Highway 41 and Prairie Avenue.
- A hamburger restaurant and cosmetics salon will be located in the new building at Fourth and Lakeside.
- A new building for Etco Services is under construction off Huetter north of Seltice and I-90
- The PACR office building is under construction at 1857 W. Hayden Ave.
- Breaking Bread Bistro will be where Davis Donuts was at fourth and best.
- Literary Souls Used Books is moving to Ste. F at 205 E. Seltice Way.
- A sign on Wayne Drive in Hayden reads “Future home of Blue Chip Chiropractic”.
- A new Pizza Hut will be in Hayden.
- The Mill will be a four-storey mixed-use building at Government Way and Mill Avenue with businesses on the ground floor and 43 apartments above.
- Consign Furniture has a “coming soon” sign southwest of the US 95-Lancaster Road intersection.
- An express outdoor car wash is being built in the 3400 block of Seltice in Post Falls.
- Watch for construction on the northwest corner of Government Way and Hayden Ave.
- The Pilates Club will be at the Hayden Design Center at 9235 Government Way.
- Cornerstone, a four-story commercial and residential building, is under construction in Riverstone.
- Bruchi’s quick service restaurant is planned for a new building north of the corner of Highway 41 and Mullan Avenue.
- Watch for the construction of the Vantage Point Brewery across from Michael D’s Eatery on Coeur d’Alene Lake Drive.
- A Grease Monkey car spot will be at the crossings in Athol.
- Gentlemen Sausages will soon be in the former Abi’s Ice Cream location at 112 Fourth St.
- TownePlace Suites by Marriott Hotel is being built where the Outback Steakhouse used to be, at the southeast corner of I-90 and Northwest Boulevard.
- Details of the Retro Arcade on Wheels Game Truck will be released soon.
- A new commercial and residential building, Midtown Center, is under construction at 821 N. Fourth St.
- Watch for major changes with the Burger Bunker and Bunker Bar on Spokane Street in Post Falls.
- The Den will be a new tavern at 761 N. Idaho St. in Post Falls.
- The CD’A Corner Store adds a kitchen and tables downtown.
- Coeur d’Alene Nissan will have a major addition to its building off US 95.
- The Post Falls Pavilion food court will be near the intersection of Highway 41 and Horsehaven.
- Some of my favorites: The words “…ward” have no “s”. “Further” means far from and “further” means more, and “exactly the same” is redundant.
- Contact Nils Rosdahl at [email protected]