From turkey talks to decadent desserts, the holiday season is all about enjoying the moment. While family time has its moments, connections aren’t limited to people connected through this tree. This holiday season, these festive Friendsgiving cocktails are waiting to toast the good times and the right relationships.
Many people regard their friends as their family. From the person celebrating every accomplishment to the shoulder to cry on, those bonds are as strong as any family bond.
Which Friendsgiving festive cocktails are above the rest?
From a classic cocktail to a variation of a seasonal favorite, there are many types of Festive Friendsgiving cocktails. Even if a beer or wine is served at the bar, the holidays are the perfect excuse to elevate the choice of drinks.
Cointreau Cosmo by JoJo
While this could be the cocktail that will always be associated with Sex and the City, the Tom Colicchio’s Exclusive Cosmopolitan recipe is a sip above the rest. Here is how to do it.
- .75 ounces Cointreau
- 2 ounces of Vodka
- 0.5 oz lime juice
- 0.5 oz chai ginger syrup
- .75 oz egg whites
- 2 dashes of cranberry bitter
- Combine all the ingredients in a cocktail shaker, add ice cubes and shake. Filter into a cosmopolitan glass. Garnish with lime.
PSM (Pumpkin and Spice Margarita)
While the classic margarita may remind everyone of that epic group vacation, this seasonal version brings a sip of comfort. Even if the PSL has left the coffee drink menu, the hot spices of this cocktail will make everyone toast in the spirit of the season.
- 1 ounce of Cointreau
- 2 ounces of tequila
- 0.75 oz of fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons of pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- Add all the ingredients in a cocktail shaker, add ice and shake. Finely filter over ice in the glass. Finish with a cinnamon stick.
Mount Gay Rum Old Fashioned
While there are many ways to taste an Old Fashioned, this version of Mount Gay rum is succulent. Mount Gay Rum brings a taste of the island to the classic cocktail
- 1.5 oz Mount Gay Black Barrel Rum
- 0.25 oz simple syrup (1: 1)
- 4 dashes of Angostura Bitters
- Mix rum with simple syrup and bitters. Garnish with orange peels and serve in a highball glass. ,
The Botanist Gin-Gin Mule
During the colder months, a mule with its ginger beer provides a touch of warmth. This gin-based version, instead of vodka, is a loving combination of spice and sparkle. It will make everyone a little happier.
- 2 oz The Botanist Islay Dry Gin
- 6 fresh mint leaves
- 1 ounce of simple syrup
- 0.75 oz of fresh lime juice
- Premium Ginger Beer
- Garnish: lime wedge and a sprig of fresh mint
- Add mint and simple syrup to the bottom of a mule mug.
- Mix gently to release the mint oils.
- Add the lime juice and The Botanist Islay Dry Gin. Fill with ice cubes and garnish with ginger beer. Stir to incorporate. Garnish with a lime wedge and a sprig of fresh mint.
The Botanist Blood Orange Negroni
Sometimes a negroni is the perfect way to start a special meal. It awakens the palate to the delights to come. This version gets a slightly more nuanced flavor of blood orange bitters.
- 1.5 oz The Botanist Islay Dry Gin
- 0.75 oz of bianco vermouth
- 0.5 oz of Italian bitter appetizer
- 0.25 oz of blood orange bitters
- Garnish: slice of blood orange
Add all the ingredients to a mixing glass with ice. Stir to cool and incorporate. Filter over fresh ice in an old-fashioned double glass. Garnish with a slice of blood orange.
What Festive Friendsgiving cocktails will you be serving this year? What other cocktails do you like to serve while on vacation?